- Ever wanted to get proactive checks done for you?
- Ever wanted to get the Best Practices made by the Best DB2 Experts available for your DB2 system?
- O/S level Checks / DB Parameter checks?
- Love Reports, but never wanted to build for your weekly / monthly Health Checks with the above checks directly from IBM ?
What if a there was a tool that did all of the above for you and did I mention, The word “FREE” 🙂 and yes its from IBM
I thought that would bring your attention 😉
Yes, Presenting the DB2 Health Advisory Service – Your DB2 Doctor!
A simple command that runs a set of pre-defined and common best practices tests for your DB2 System.
DB2 versions supported 9.1, 9.5 and 9.7.
OS Platforms, *NIX flavors only for the moment.
In versions 9.7.1 and above, you will find a neat utility called the db2has , aka, The DB2 Health Advisory Service.
You can try out DB2 9.7.2 directly as it comes bundled.
Download DB2 Express-C 9.7.2 here
Let’s see how the DBA Doctors should perform the Initial Diagnosis 🙂
- Login to your *NIX system and su to your db2inst1 instance user
- Run the following command with the following parameters
- -icn – Stands for your IBM Customer Number
- -systype – A system name that you can identify on which the test will be performed
- -email – Your e-mail address to which the diagnosis report will be sent upon diagnosis by IBM
- -send – This is the command that sends this diagnosis check report to IBM
Now enter the following command
db2inst1@yourhost> db2has -icn “Your IBM Customer Number” -systype “Give it a name like Test, Dev or Prod” -email “Your e-mail ID” -send
Now the tool runs a series of tests and finally gives you, a nice looking report as a PDF attachment in your e-mail, sent to you from IBM DB2 Health Advisory Service, as shown below
And in my system’s case, I had an KPI given to me change the RQRIOBLK parameter for better performance as shown below.
Well, this should give a fair idea on how powerful it is.
Take DB2HAS for a spin Today!
More posts coming on other DB2 Topics soon, so keep visiting.